Can you tell if someone is frugal?

>> Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I was thinking today, can you tell if someone is frugal just by looking at them? I don't think you can, I think you really have to know somebody. We all know that the word cheap and frugal can be used in the same sentence! I can be cheap and I can be frugal. I also can spend money, but I usually have guilt after. Some of my neighbors are frugal, some are frugal because they have to be and for others it is a way of life. I know that they are millionaires but they don't act like it. They drive cars that are a few years old. Their house's are modest perhaps not in size but in the way the are decorated.

In the town that I live in most people seem to have to flaunt their wealth. It makes it hard for people who really do want to be frugal but feel they must go along with "The Joneses"! Isn't it funny how we always are concerned about how we are perceived even if it means getting in way over our head?

If you really want to buy something you should do it because you want too not because you feel you need to, just to impress someone. Be different show people you don't need to spend alot to be cool!

0 comments:

About This Blog

Welcome and thank you
for reading Miss Frugally!
I hope that you get
something from this blog
everytime you are here.  
Please drop in 
anytime.

Sincerely,
Miss Frugally

Comments

I'd love to hear your comments

google

Custom Search

Disclaimer

I am not a financial or legal expert.
Anything you read here please
use at your own discretion! 

Amazon.com

Come back anytime!

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP